Are you passionate about assisting children and families in your community? At Child & Family Resources, we hire people who will help us build resilient children, families and communities. Even if you don't think you can check off every point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
The role of the Quality First Coach is to engage and support early care and education programs in the quality improvement process of Quality First, Arizona’s quality improvement and rating system.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish positive and collaborative relationships with enrolled Quality First providers (child care centers and family child care providers), working with each site a minimum of 4 to 6 hours monthly.
- Review assessment data with the provider and assist in writing a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), including well-defined goals, steps to reach goals and realistic timelines.
- Provide asset-based coaching visits to enrolled sites to support, monitor and evaluate site progress toward reaching the goals on the QIP.
- Assist participants with identifying equipment, materials, and other needs that will guide them to determine the best use of the Program Improvement Grant Funds based on the QIP
- Collaborate with Quality First partners and other community agencies to provide services and resources to enrolled participants, such as A.D.E. and Child Care Health Consultation.
- Attend all professional development trainings and workshops as identified by the Quality First partners and funding agencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in early childhood education, child development or related field. Some college coursework in early childhood education is required if the degree is in a related field
- At least 5 years full time experience as a teacher or primary care provider in an early care and education setting with infants, toddlers or preschoolers (center or home-based)
- Bilingual, Spanish is required
- Previous experience in and/or knowledge of coaching or mentoring in early care and education settings, child development, family dynamics, early childhood education, quality early care and education indicators, curriculum and assessment in early childhood, Arizona Early Learning Standards, Adult Learning principles, community resources
- Frequent travel within county to sites (daily) and occasional travel throughout state for trainings (approximately 2-3 times year). There will be frequent travel to Phoenix for new coach training for approximately six months after hire.
- Location: must be able to provide direct service to the designated client base in the Pima County area.
- Maintain a functional and safe home working space with adequate internet connection for the job.
- Comply with all agency and program policies and procedures including confidentiality, employee conduct, computer usage and dress code.
- Meet program/department’s performance and productivity standards.
- Attend required agency and program/department meetings.
- Adhere to the schedule agreed upon with the supervisor.
- Follow and model CFR’s core values.
- Participate in PQI initiatives.
- Must be eligible and able to obtain a Level one fingerprint card.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license, vehicle, and insurance and meet agency liability insurance requirements.
- Consistent with CDC’s new streamlined guidance, the Safer Federal Workforce determined COVID-19 workplace safety protocols will not vary based on vaccination status or otherwise depend on vaccination information. Due to this determination, requiring, requesting, or collecting vaccination status information is suspended. For current status of the COVID-19 vaccine requirement and/or questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sitting for extended periods of time daily; standing and walking short distances.
- Moderate twisting, bending, stooping and lifting up to 40 pounds in the performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and machines as referenced.
- Normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are required.
- Repeated hand-wrist movement is required.
The nature of the position involves a fast-paced working environment with multitasking of many different duties and tasks. General daily priorities may change at a moment’s notice and the position requires quick response time and flexibility.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon drug test and fingerprint clearance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Child & Family Resources is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because it makes us stronger as a whole. For more information, visit: https://www.childfamilyresources.org/edi