Are you passionate about assisting children and families in your community? At Child & Family Resources, we hire people who will help us build resilient children, families, and communities. Even if you don't think you can check off every point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
The Family Support Specialist is responsible for providing home-based prevention services focusing on supporting the parent-child relationship, attachment, and family enhancement through child development education, play, goal setting, assessments, and coordination of services/activities for overburdened families. This position reports directly to the HF Supervisor.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts home visits virtually or in-person and assesses family needs and provides case management services when necessary, while promoting self-sufficiency.
- Utilizes child development curriculum with each family and promotes positive parent-child relationships.
- Utilizes floor time to support play within the parent and child relationship.
- Utilizes appropriate limit-setting and boundaries.
- Acts as a positive role model.
- Maintains necessary assessments and documentation in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Participates in and comes prepared for weekly supervision with the Program Supervisor.
- Coordinates with other community services.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled Healthy Families conferences, seminars, in-service training, and parent events.
- Maintains all Healthy Families quality assurance standards, ie. Home visitation rate, etc.
- Participates in the agency's Continuous Quality Improvement.
- H.S Diploma or Higher Education. Experience related to behavioral health field or early childhood education experience preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with families.
- Knowledge of family life skills.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Experience in working with at-risk children and their families.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively on a family support team.
- Flexibility in scheduling (able to work limited nights and weekends).
- Adhere to the schedule agreed upon with the supervisor.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Must be eligible and able to obtain/maintain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid.
- Location: must be able to provide direct service to the designated client base in the Pinal county area.
- Maintain a functional and safe home working space with adequate internet connection for the job.
- Comply with all agency and program policies and procedures including confidentiality, employee conduct, computer usage, and dress code.
- Meet program/department’s performance and productivity standards.
- Attend required agency and program/department meetings.
- Follow and model CFR’s core values.
- Participate in PQI initiatives.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license, and vehicle and meet agency liability insurance requirements.
- Consistent with CDC’s new streamlined guidance, the Safer Federal Workforce determined COVID-19 workplace safety protocols will not vary based on vaccination status or otherwise depend on vaccination information. Due to this determination, requiring, requesting, or collecting vaccination status information is suspended. For current status of the COVID-19 vaccine requirement and/or questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sitting for extended periods of time daily; standing and walking short distances.
- Moderate twisting, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 40 pounds in the performance of assigned duties.
- Normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are required.
- The repeated hand-wrist movement required.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and machines as referenced.
The nature of the position involves a fast-paced working environment with multitasking of many different duties and tasks. General daily priorities may change at a moment’s notice and the position requires quick response time and flexibility.